Friday, January 22, 2016

I believe my art is the purest translation of my thought...

The birthplace of a thought is a transcendent, liminal space- somewhere undefined and uncontained. Thus, from the moment it is conceived a thought rises above anything that can be fit into a heedless combination of twenty-six letters that relay a concrete, non fluid meaning. The abstract formlessness of art complements the indefinite, evolving nature of thoughts. Often, I find that my thoughts are not done justice by spoken words. Of course, words are an outlet through which thoughts are expressed, but it is the nature in which these words are used that distinguishes them. Poetry and writing are able to capture the originality of a thought because each word is carefully selected to reflect the feeling and the passion behind the thought. As a writer and an artist I take care not to corrupt my original thought, whereas in my day to day life I often speak without taking into consideration whether my words capture the essence of my original idea.
This is why I write; to slow down, to find myself, and to do justice to the power of thought.
Why do you write?

-S.P. Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment