Something hit me that night
After I drank too much wine
I didn’t even like the taste
But something about the image of insanity
Me drinking and eating a candlelit dinner by myself,
Made me happy because it was a true projection of how I felt
inside.
Broken to the point of madness.
And then as I laid on the kitchen floor
And all hell broke loose
As I told the ceiling how much I missed you
And how much it all hurt,
Because I knew the ceiling would listen and understand my
screams
And would not shy away from my shaking sobs like you would.
Suddenly amidst my breakdown and the craziness,
I never felt more stable or sober.
Because I realized
You were not worth mentally breaking down over,
And the only person worth slipping into madness over,
Was if I had lost myself. And maybe I had.
It is not you I mourn, but the aftermath that caused me to
find I had disappeared long ago.
I stand up and go to clean my dishes
And search for myself again,
Because that is who I want back.
No comments:
Post a Comment